According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, lung cancer kills more Americans than any other type of cancer.
In the year 2009, it claimed about 158,081 lives. Those unfortunate victims probably didn’t know about one of Mother Nature’s top-notch cancer killers. Laboratory research indicates that a plant chemical found in certain types of seaweed could have the right stuff to clobber lung cancer cells. Keep reading…
Alzheimer’s Herb Works Better Than Drugs
Big Pharma sets sights on wonder extract that works BETTER than leading Alzheimer’s drugs!
But you can still get your hands on the safer, natural version today…before they try to sell it to you for hundreds of dollars. Go HERE for the full story.
It’s called fucoidan and is found in edible brown seaweeds such as bladder wrack, kombu and wakame.
Oriental medicine has a long history of using these plants for curing ailments. Now it appears that Western scientists have discovered their healing value, too.
Researchers began investigating the health effects of fucoidan in 1970. Since then, the positive benefits have been confirmed by more than 700 studies published in the National Library of Medicine’s database.
For example, laboratory studies have shown that fucoidan can…
Stop cancer cells dead in their tracks!
Scientific studies have confirmed that fucoidan has anticancer agents that mount a two-pronged approach against cancer cells.
In one study1, scientists determined that fucoidan stopped the migration of existing lung cancer cells before they invade other parts of your body. Study authors reported that, depending on the dose, fucoidan inhibited cell migration by anywhere from 25 percent to as much as 57 percent after 48 hours.
They also found that if cancer cells did migrate—fucoidan formed a protective barrier to help healthy cells fight off the corrupting cancer cells.
But fucoidan provides another form of protection against lung cancer when it…
Causes cancer cells to commit hari-kari!
Studies have also shown that anticancer agents in fucoidan cause certain types of rapidly growing cancer cells to explode. This natural process of apoptosis is the mechanism your body uses to purge harmful cells from your system. It appears that fucoidan acts like a fuse that sets off the explosion.
Researchers at Dalian Medical University in China2 mentioned that this reaction has been observed in breast, liver and lung cancer cells as well as in leukemia cells.
Not only does fucoidan send cancer cells running for cover—but it also has other health-preserving benefits.
Studies have also demonstrated that this simple seaweed component…
Helps keep your heart beating longer and stronger!
If you’re concerned about keeping your cardiovascular system healthy—fucoidan may be just the thing for you.
Researchers have found that fucoidan stops smooth muscle cells from increasing rapidly3. This can be especially important for preventing blocked arteries in heart patients who’ve had stents inserted.
One study4 confirmed this effect when investigators gave rabbits intramuscular and intravenous injections of fucoidan.
In another study5 using lamb hearts, researchers deliberately induced heart damage through oxygen deprivation. After exposing some of the lamb hearts to fucoidan, they noticed three improvements:
- Better recovery of left ventricular function,
- Increased coronary blood flow, and
- Improved myocardial oxygen consumption after ischemia
How does fucoidan manage to do all this? One study6 showed that fucoidan blocks cell receptors called selectins. These receptors help white blood cells (leukocytes) stick to capillary walls. When this sticking occurs, it can cause tissue damage and ultimately cause your arteries to harden.
By blocking selectin, fucoidan stops leukocytes from migrating to blood vessel walls to cause heart damage.
Fucoidan also acts as a natural blood thinner, which also could explain its ability to protect your heart… blood vessels… and other vital organs.
The anti-cancer and heart healthy benefits of fucoidan provide plenty of proof that this is a first-class health healer. But on top of this, fucoidan has also been shown to…
Stamp out killer viruses!
Fucoidan doesn’t cringe when facing nasty viruses. In vitro and animal studies7 show it goes to work on coated viruses such as herpes and HIV.
It even put the brakes on a type of herpes virus called human cytomegalovirus that can lead to blindness and deadly pneumonia if your immune system is compromised.
Experiments suggest that fucoidan gives viruses a one-two punch by inhibiting:
- The initial stages of viral infection, such as attaching to and penetrating host cells, and
- The later replication stages after virus penetration.
Fucoidan’s ability to inhibit the herpes virus may explain why Japan has a much lower incidence of herpes simplex virus type 2 infections, compared with the west.
The Japanese diet features a variety of dishes made from fish, rice, the soybean paste miso and seaweeds. Because the Japanese bulk up on these foods, perhaps they enjoy a greater level of protection!
Before you chalk it up to coincidence—consider that in the Japanese island of Okinawa, residents enjoy low blood cholesterol levels, little to no heart disease and rarely die by stroke or cancer.
Both scientific and anecdotal evidence seem to point to the fucoidan in seaweed as a simple and nutritious solution to preventing or healing a wide variety of health problems.
Meanwhile — as you know — a lot of foods aren’t good for you at all. In our last issue, we wrote about the one that may be the most toxic food legally sold in your supermarket. If you missed the news, scroll down and read it now.
This Could be the Most Toxic Food
In Your Supermarket
If you believe commercials, chewing gum on a regular basis makes life better. The habit can help you lose weight, keep your breath fresh, and even protect and clean your teeth.
Sounds nice enough. And because you don’t swallow chewing gum, it’s natural not to worry about what’s used to make the product. But if you look at the actual ingredients in chewing gum brands, they tell a different story…
Colonoscopy Crisis: Why are these doctors
This video is not for the faint of heart.
These recently discovered details are gruesome…but they change everything we know about colonoscopies.
And many doctors will not reveal this information to their patients. Why? Because they can’t stand to part with the $7,000 (or more) price tags.
Just watch one minute of this presentation and you’ll understand–canceling your next colonoscopy could be the best decision you’ve ever made for your health.
When you’re ready–visit here.
If you’re 50, and especially if you’re over 65–you must watch this presentation. This new information regarding colonoscopies could save your life.
The toxic ingredients of chewing gum
Here’s why gum may be the most toxic product you can buy in a store that’s legally intended for internal use. It contains, in varying levels, the following disease-causing ingredients:
- Titanium dioxide: Commonly used as a whitening agent in chewing gum. Unfortunately, this potentially carcinogenic agent has been implicated in the development of certain autoimmune disorders including Crohn’s disease and asthma. Chewing gum, in fact, has the highest levels of titanium dioxide out of all foods commonly consumed by children, with manufactured sweets and candies coming in close behind.
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT): This particularly toxic compound has been banned in several countries including the United Kingdom and Japan, but in the U.S. it’s commonly used as a preservative. BHT is potentially carcinogenic and has been implicated in health issues like kidney and liver damage, organ system toxicity, and even hyperactivity in children of younger ages, possibly leading to ADHD.
- Gum base: Gum manufacturers typically slap this ingredient on a label, though few people know what it means. In reality, it’s a mix of resins, plasticizers, fillers, and elastomers. Which, looked at in more detail, include polyvinyl acetate (that’s carpenter’s glue), talc (which has previous links to cancer including lung and ovarian cancer), and paraffin wax derived from petroleum. You might as well chew on tire rubber and plastic.
- Aspartame: We’ve written about the risks of artificial sweeteners before, and aspartame is no exception. It’s been linked to brain tumors and cancers, as well as diabetes, neurological disorders, and birth defects. And once aspartame is metabolized into your body it turns into wood alcohol and formaldehyde.
- Acesulfame potassium (acesulfame K): Little is known about this compound, besides the fact that it has properties similar to aspartame. It’s also believed to be a carcinogen, and animal studies have shown a correlation between different types of tumors and acesulfame potassium.
- Calcium casein peptone: Also known as calcium phosphate, this substance is a highly processed derivative of milk and is believed to be used as a whitening agent in certain brands of gum. There’s simply not enough known about this compound.
- Sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol, and maltitol: These are sugar alcohols made from sugar but altered enough to legally be considered “sugar free.” None are particularly good for the body (about as good for you as sugar), and side effects include abdominal pain and diarrhea. I know this news about xylitol will surprise some of my readers, because many in the alternative health community think it’s an ideal sugar substitute. As an ingredient in gum, it apparently does help whiten teeth and prevent tooth decay. But our research indicates you should avoid it. Xylitol is known to be lethal to animals and may have negative effects on children who consume xylitol gum.
Which brings us to a question that might be on your mind: Since you don’t swallow gum, is it even worth worrying about these ingredients? In fact, swallowing is almost better than chewing on it. Then at least it would have to pass through your digestive system where your body would work to filter out some of the toxins.
Instead, thanks to continuous chewing over an extended period of time, toxic ingredients in chewing gum get absorbed through the walls of your mouth and directly into your bloodstream.
Gum causes other problems than cancer…
Besides the slew of cancer-causing ingredients, there are other reasons chewing gum is bad for your health. For starters, it causes wear-and-tear of the cartilage along your jaw joints. This cartilage acts as a shock absorber for those joints. If it’s worn out, jaw movement can become extremely painful.
Regular gum-chewing also puts pressure on the nerves that run through various muscles in your face. It takes eight different facial muscles to chew gum, and the accumulation of pressure can lead to tightness in the muscles, in turn leading to chronic headaches.
And, no, chewing gum does not help with weight loss. Studies show regular gum-chewers actually tend to be overweight, likely because the sweetness of gum leads to more sugar cravings. On top of that, fruits and vegetables can taste bitter after chewing gum.
Note that chewing gum can also damage dental fillings or braces. If you have dental fillings with mercury, chewing gum can break them down and release toxic mercury vapor into your body. And if you chew gum made with real sugar, that regular coating of sugar on your teeth can cause cavities.
The anti-cancer chew
Before I close, I feel I should tell you about an interesting twist to gum and cancer. Finnish researchers appear to be working on a special type of chewing gum that actually keeps cancer at bay. They made a gum with a compound that cleans up acetaldehyde levels in the mouth.
Acetaldehyde is a chemical that’s been linked to cancers of the mouth, stomach, and esophagus. In this particular brand of gum, there’s a chemical called cysteine that gets slowly released as you chew. Cysteine reacts with acetaldehyde so it is no longer harmful. And although research proves cysteine reduces acetaldehyde levels in the mouth, researchers have yet to prove whether this can actually reduce cancer cases.
If it works, it’ll be particularly beneficial to those who smoke and drink heavily. Doing either raises the levels of acetaldehyde in your mouth and the upper part of your digestive tract. It’s certainly not a substitute for healthy habits, and the best way to avoid cancer is not to smoke, drink heavily, or engage in any other behaviors that harm your body.
A gum like this is more likely to help those whose genes put them at higher risk, as opposed to their behaviors, such as people who suffer from the condition called achlorhydria, in which the stomach doesn’t make enough acid. A gum like this might—emphasis on might—help reduce their likelihood of developing gastric cancer.
The natural gum solution
If you simply can’t resist the urge to chew, at least go for a natural gum. Many of these are made from chicle, from a tree native to Central America. At one time, all chewing gum was made from this, but it requires a manufacturing expense few companies care to take on. However, you can buy natural gum online and at most health food stores.
Or, if you’re worried about your breath, then tote around a small bottle of organic, food-grade peppermint oil. One drop in your mouth achieves the same effect as chewing gum, but without risking your health.
Lee Euler, Publisher