Can This Simple Water Purifier Also Cure Cancer?

Back to ArticlesArticles
Can This Simple Water Purifier Also Cure Cancer? about undefined

Jim Humble was hoping to strike pay dirt on a gold mining expedition. While he didn’t strike gold he did accidentally discover a natural treatment that has reportedly healed everything from malaria to hepatitis and even some cancers.

Here’s the fascinating story...

Jim Humble had retired from mining when a friend offered him a generous share of profits from his South American gold mine in return for some help with the excavation of the mine.

Early in their trek, several members of the mining team came down with malaria. The men lay in their hammocks shivering from chills and running high fevers. They also had other malaria symptoms including headaches… aching muscles and joints… nausea… diarrhea… and vomiting.

Unfortunately, the closest village with malaria medications was at least two days away through rugged jungle!

Humble thought about the stabilized oxygen he'd brought to purify his drinking water. He decided to give some to the sick workers. To everyone's amazement, within an hour the shivering stopped. And within four hours, the men were talking and laughing at the dinner table!

Because he wanted to understand what caused the amazing turnaround, Humble spent a few years studying how stabilized oxygen affects the malaria parasite.

Water treatment clobbers parasites,
viruses and more  

Humble discovered that it wasn't the stabilized oxygen that wiped out malaria. It was the trace amounts of chlorine dioxide and its chlorite ion that did the trick!

By using higher concentrations of sodium chlorite with an activator, Humble reports that he’s helped more than 75,000 folks in Africa “cure” malaria, hepatitis, AIDS, and even cancer.

Humble called his product Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS) initially. But persecution from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) prompted him to change the product name to Miracle Mineral Solution.

So, what is chlorine dioxide? Here’s a brief history...

  • Chlorine dioxide is a chemical compound made of one chlorine ion bound to two ions of oxygen.
  • Chlorine dioxide has been approved as a water purifier for more than 70 years.
  • Medical professionals have used chlorine dioxide as an antiseptic and pathogen killer for more than 100 years.
  • Chlorine dioxide and chlorite were used to decontaminate public buildings following the 2001 release of anthrax spores in the United States.
  • Chlorine dioxide can be toxic in large doses.

When chlorine dioxide contacts harmful pathogens, it snatches their electrons. This results in a sort of microscopic explosion—which won't harm YOU if taken properly, according to the treatment’s advocates, but can destroy pathogens. In other words, harmful bacteria, viruses and other parasites die when they meet up with chlorine dioxide ions.

MMS is a solution of 28 percent sodium chlorite ion in distilled water. The solution changes to chlorine dioxide when you add an "activator" of lemon juice, vinegar or citric acid.

Jim Humble claims MMS offers REAL healing  

In his book The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century, Jim Humble relates the experience of one pancreatic cancer patient whose cancer had returned following surgery.

The patient decided to take MMS in the 60 days leading to his next exploratory surgery at the Mayo Clinic. The results?

Humble said, "Within two weeks his cancer readings began to decline. The high reading was 82… At the next visit to the hospital the reading was 71.

"A month later the reading was 55. Two months later it was 29, and so on until the reading was less than five.

"The doctors at the hospital didn't know what had happened, but as soon as the readings began to go down, they canceled the appointment at the Mayo Clinic. . .When the reading reached three, they said there was no point in further testing."

This man's story is no isolated incident. Consider these experiences from others who have used MMS to treat tumors, cancers, and other health conditions:

  • "I have been taking MMS now for over a year… I have never felt better and I had an ovarian cyst, [which] has been a problem all my life, disappear after being told there was no cure for it!"
    — Lynn
  • "I was told four weeks ago my mother had months to live with stage 4 uterine cancer… Four doctors told me that my Mom was a goner and it was just a matter of time. After taking MMS1 and MMS2 for almost a month… the cancer is almost gone from my mom's body! The doctors and surgeons said it was a miracle and did not know how to respond. They were amazed!"
    — Sara
  • "One of my family friends has bone marrow cancer and before Thanksgiving he was told he would not see Christmas. He started MMS [around] Thanksgiving and he has gained his strength back to go out and do things with his sons. He has told me his blood work is improving rapidly—he isn't telling the doctors what he is taking but he is not gray anymore!"
    — Kim

This is just a sample of the thousands of folks with positive stories of health improvement. But the treatment can cause side effects.

Not without side effects  

From what I've been able to learn, MMS can be difficult to use and to tolerate. A significant number of patients complain of nausea — even vomiting — and stop taking the drops for that reason. Others find it hard to follow the precise directions, which require taking the MMS drops as often as six times a day. What’s more, because only certain substances work as activators and chlorine dioxide can be toxic, it's very important to follow the protocol when using MMS.

Scientific evidence  

Most of the evidence I've seen is anecdotal (like the testimonials quoted above). I have yet to see any type of scientific study performed on MMS and that concerns me.

But even taking into account the anecdotal evidence, MMS is by no means a simple miracle that will work for every cancer patient. However, I'm inclined to believe the reports that many people find pain relief, improved energy and perhaps even complete remission from cancer as well as other diseases — provided they're able to stick with it. From what I gather, a lot of people can't.

My takeaway  

I'm going to hazard a guess that MMS would probably be more effective with diseases that are known to be infectious (such as malaria) than with cancer. The infection theory of cancer is controversial. I've become a lot more interested in it as I learn more, but I'm withholding judgment.

Quite a few alternative cancer doctors swear by the microbe and/or parasite theories and they've had success in treating patients. But they usually use multiple cancer therapies at once and their success may or may not be due to killing off the critters. It's just not clear to me yet how all the pieces fit together — do parasites cause cancer or are they just frequently found side by side with it because of a diminished immune system or other factors? The fact is, as with any cancer treatment approach, anti-infection and anti-parasite protocols work for some patients and not for others.

As the late Bill Henderson, author of the book Cancer-Free, used to say, "I have high confidence in MMS for killing pathogens, including cancer cells. The only real problem is that this is not how you get over cancer.

“You get over it by revising the physiology of your entire body to make it hostile enough to cancer cells again that it will keep them under control as a healthy body normally does.

“So just like lots of other things that are effective at killing cancer cells, I usually don't recommend MMS except as a 'last resort'."

I agree. I would encourage anyone worried about cancer to look to dozens of other natural or alternative treatments that are backed by scientific study before ever trying MMS.

MMS is still sold online only as a water purifier but is not sold by Jim Humble. You can read more about MMS at Jim Humble's website: https:// jimhumble. co

Best regards,

Lee Euler,


  1. No Miracle, Just Wonderful Chemistry. Thought for Food blog. 
  2. MMS Healthy for Life blog. 

Keep Reading

View All Articles
Cookware That Won't Leach Poison into Your Food about false


Cookware That Won't Leach Poison into Your Food

Food may be what sustains us, but you can sabotage even the healthiest diet if you cook your food in toxic pots and pans.Fortunately, more people are getting wise to the dangers of cooking with

This Top-Five Industrial Chemical is 
Practically Everywhere about false


This Top-Five Industrial Chemical is 
Practically Everywhere

It’s likely that you come into contact with this type of chemical every day. And that’s not a good thing.Science shows it can disrupt your hormones, wreck your thyroid, raise cholesterol levels, make

Teflon Update: It's Worse than We Thought about false


Teflon Update: It's Worse than We Thought

Two years ago, I wrote to let you know the fumes from Teflon, given off when a pan is heated, were killing people's pet birds (that was Issue #49, if you want the details). As far as I'm concerned,